Walking in THE Light
This year, as we are walk through our Advent journey, we walk toward the light that is God. Last week we focused on dark – more specifically what kind of darkness and then how do we know that it won’t always be dark. This week – we move onto light. But not just any light.
There are many things in this world that promise to illumine our way, to make us the star, to make us matter. There is only one Light that matters – and if we get it wrong, we’re allowed to make changes. Prophets – like Malachi, Zechariah, and John the Baptist – wake us up, remind us to be alert and aware, and help us make those important changes.
Many blessings to you as you read this email – and as you encounter God and one another in the world.
Find out more about what’s happening on the Hill. click this link.
Beloved, know that whoever you are and wherever you find yourselves in your faith journey, that you are welcome and invited into our community.
Pastor Tina +
This Season of Advent & Christmas:
- You are invited to bring a nativity scene to help decorate the church windows for the season. No two are alike and it’s a great visual to remind us that God’s love is for all.
- SOTH also will have a tree where your donations of hats, mittens/gloves, and scarves are welcome. They are taken to the clients at the Faith Kitchen in January.
- Daily devotional books for you and your family are available for your home use.
- Invite a friend or neighbor to join us in worship and fellowship.
- It’s really easy to jump into Christmas. Allow the quiet and stillness of Advent to enter your hearts, remembering God’s love for creation, holding Mary’s Song in your heart.
- Support local non-profits – like Connect for Community or the Sparta Ecumenical Food Pantry as they support others who are struggling to feed their families.