CONGREGATIONAL COUNCIL UPDATES:
The congregational council has reorganized. Many thanks to all who have agreed to serve!
President: JD Allen
Vice President: Emery Malasits
Treasurer: Brett Maynard
Recording Secretary: Celeste Bethmann
Financial Secretary: Steve Lewandowski
Property: Patrick Wood
Nurture (Worship & Music): Wendy Whipple
Social Ministry: Diane Fitzpatrick
COMING TO SOTH – Clothing donation bins to raise funds for our church. Start saving your items as Spring and COVID cleaning continues.
HELP IS NEEDED IN OUR CONTROL ROOM
– Sunday morning assistance is needed for audio, visual, and internet streaming…let’s proclaim the Gospel near and far. Training joyfully provided! Contact Patrick Wood: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Some of us have recently received government stimulus checks. Please pray about sharing a portion of this gift with your local faith community, with other social services organizations, or local businesses to assist those in need. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
BULLETIN PRAYER LIST – Please check the current list and send any corrections and/or additions to the church office.
SPARTA ECUMENICAL FOOD PANTRY – Please remember that a shopping cart is located in the narthex for donations to our local food pantry. The pantry has been serving an unprecedented number of our area residents during this challenging time. Help is needed to deliver the food to the pantry. Please contact the office for the pantry’s hours of operation.
HELP SOTH WHILE SHOPPING ON AMAZON SMILE
Click here to find out how you can donate to SOTH when you shop on Amazon. We have raised in $203.89 to date!
BROWN BAG BIBLE STUDY –Continues in person at Holy Trinity Church or via Zoom, the first and third Wednesdays from noon-12:45. Join Pastor Jack for a lively discussion of the Bible. No prior experience necessary! Click here to join us via Zoom.
AT-HOME COMMUNION KITS – If you are worshiping with us from home and would like a communion kit, please contact the church office and arrangements can be made for you to receive the number you would like.
God’s work. Our hands.
God’s work. Our hands Sunday has passed, but the needs of these various organizations continue. Please consider one or more of the following. 1) For Lutheran World Relief
Personal Care Kits consisting of 1 lightweight bath towel (20” x 40” to 52” x 27”) dark color, 2-3 bath-size bars of soap in original wrapping, 1 adult size toothbrush in original packaging, 1 sturdy comb no packaging, 1 metal nail clipper, no packaging. LWR.org/kitvideos for reference if needed. 2) Donation to the Lutheran Disaster Response
, can be designated to a specific disaster on the check memo line. 3) The Sparta Ecumenical Food Pantry
. Donations can be mailed
to 32 Main St. Sparta, NJ 07871
or if you prefer to donate food items, place them in the shopping cart at SOTH. 4).Connect for Community
is a very worthy organization. Donations can be placed in the collection plates, made out to the organization.
Volunteer Opportunities: More hands are needed to make light work. No prior skills necessary to help your church in these ways:
1. Bring in items for” God’s Work our Hands” organizations.
2. Serve on the church audit team.
3. Serve on Church Council.
4.. Become a Sunday worship servant.
5. Sing in the choir (post-COVID)
6. Help to run a parish activity (post-COVID)
7. Join the volunteer church office staff
8. Organize Faith Formation opportunities by serving as the FF Superintendent.
9. Prep a meal for the Trinity Faith Kitchen.
Please email the church office at email@example.com or call 973-729-7010 for more information!
Copyright © 2021 Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church, All rights reserved.
You are a treasured member of the church and here is another way to get information in a timely manner
Our mailing address is:
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.